BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is my first submission into the artist challenge website. The theme is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
I don't know if you are but I am a fan. Have been since elementary school when my sister Krissy brought home his book Where the Sidewalk Ends. Her favorite, at the time, was "Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too"; I can still recite that one. Even though my siblings are all older I commiserated with "Sister for Sale". Heck, I would have given you 5 children for the price of 1. The "Gypsy's are Coming" both scared me and made me hopeful for an adventure. "Boa Constrictor" was the first time I had heard of the creature and it was scary. "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out" was motivational.
I still love his stories and pictures and when I saw this challenge I had to do it.
If the picture confuses you then I gather you never read "The Giving Tree". Consider this an invitation and if you notice that my characters in the picture look a little like the author, well then I did what I set out to do. This is my tribute to a man whose body of work I admire.

0 comments: