BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Being the youngest of six kids and only having to go half days as a kindergardener at Oak Ridge Elementary, my parents decided to put me in the later session so I could walk home with my siblings. So daddy took me to school in his baby blue work van, no windows in the back.
Apparently we were always late because he always sang to me the song that the white rabbit sings in Alice in Wonderland, "your late, your late, for a very important date....". It fascinated me that he knew all the words. I would beg for him to sing more, more. He always did.
I had just finished that first year, had met my first grade teacher right before summer break when my father died. Sometimes I think I've listened to my brother's and sister's stories and have made them my memories. Although there are few, some of the memories are all mine. Like this one.
Fast forward, 2003; I was working at Marshall's department store unpacking new merchandise. Out came the white rabbit. Of course I had to have it. It's now my bedroom door stop and this is my rendition.

0 comments: